View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 05 Aug 2020, 02:05

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Introduction 

Post Introduction
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the forum. I'm quite new on erepublik and actually am a Finnish citizen, but mostly because I couldn't decide what country to start in. Finland was a rather dumb choice tho as I don't speak Finnish very well xD so can't participate in what's going on there.

My RL really quick: I was born in the US, we moved to Finland when I was 12, I lived there 7 years (my family is still there) then moved to Denmark for a year (yay!) and then to Sweden where I've been about a year. In Finland I learned Swedish not Finnish (don't ask) and when I was in Dk I studied Danish so I speak it ok but not perfect. Thought I'd write this first post in English just so everybody understands...

Also, unfortunately I move around lots and unfortunately don't always have internet access... so sometimes I have to disappear for a few days or a week, so hang with me.

auroradormita

(and hey, here's my blog if you're interested: http://christa89.wordpress.com/)

04 Mar 2010, 20:51
Profile WWW

Post Re: Introduction
Sup we got a similar story. When I was 15 we moved to Denmark. (Which was roughly 9 years ago now). My Danish is hardly perfect either. :P

04 Mar 2010, 21:01

Cool! You moved from where, and to what area of Denmark! (Ignore me if I'm being nosy :P ) I lived smack in the middle of Jylland so have quite a mix of Swedish-sounding vowels and the Jylland dialect :D "special"

I have a friend who moved from Sweden to Denmark when he was 10 and his sister was 6 - they lived in Sønderborg for 6 yrs - then they moved to Finland and he was in my class! Nice guy (I invited him to erepublik, so we'll see...)

04 Mar 2010, 21:27
Profile WWW

From Oregon to Copenhagen. Denmark's a pretty awesome place when you live in Copenhagen. I don't know about Jutland, but Copenhagen is the shit.

04 Mar 2010, 22:35

Ya, CPH's awesome - I've been there a few times. The accent sounds so funny tho :D

Where I lived the only neighbors we had was 180 000 apple trees. I think that says it all? ;)

04 Mar 2010, 23:10
Profile WWW

the Copenhagen accent sounds funny? I find that hard to believe, its the only accent on tv. :p

so what's the deal with you moving around all the time?

05 Mar 2010, 02:46

Grev, you sound funny. Cam ypu imagine how hard HrBjorn had it when he talked to you last time? He can say: It was hard. Especially because he as drunbk, as he is now.

05 Mar 2010, 03:49

Yeah and I was drunk and in a loud bar. Annoying. :p

p.s. wrote two articles. try and get your drunk head around them. :p

05 Mar 2010, 04:02

HrBjorn was drunker than he expected last night. Todays work is going to suck so much ass, that the universe will collapse of it.

05 Mar 2010, 12:50

Why I've moved a lot?

First time my family moved, I was 12 so duh I moved with them to Finland. Then when I was done with school I had a temporary job (barnepige) in Denmark, and now I've moved to Sweden. Not so complicated.

05 Mar 2010, 16:19
Profile WWW

This is what I was referring to:
Quote:
Also, unfortunately I move around lots

:p

05 Mar 2010, 16:37

Aaah! I knew that :oops:

I work as a preacher and we move around a lot, having a few Bible services open to the public in a town to see if anyone wants to come, otherwise we move on. Mostly no one comes.

But I don't really think religion belongs on this forum so if you want to discuss it further please do it via PM.

05 Mar 2010, 23:24
Profile WWW

Naaah it ain´t what they talk on tv, that´s rigsdansk.

A true Københavner talks like me. It´s the only way and I´ve lived in northern Jutland, where they sound like they´re talking with a potato in their mouths. A how a how - is kinda how it sounds to people who haven´t been there before. My mom is one of ´em, damn Juts.. She moved to CPH to study and tripped over some gipsy´s dick and wupti.com - here I am.

A true CPH´er says Hvaa´ så, flipper - skal vi ride den røde slange? where a guy from Sjælland says Hej skal vi køre med S-toget? So I´m not offended, but close. Pleease don´t compare my rich and beautiful accent with the hillbillyaccent of the rest of this country. Have you heard how funny they talk out in westsjælland? That´s just plain ol´ hilarious.. I LOVE IT! I feel like I´m living in a Morten Korch-movie.. :D

18 Mar 2010, 10:56

I'm sorry for failing to offend you SDad, getting people mad is one of the great joys in life :D

When I was working in Denmark, as a barnepige, the kids' grandma and the grandma's sisters would come over and have these big heated discussions in Vestjysk. They could speak for a good five minutes without using a consonant, and hearing someone argue like that? Priceless!

18 Mar 2010, 22:45
Profile WWW

Then you should try to be at a party with about 15 drunken Vestjyder... They where impossible to understand... But verry funny :D

19 Mar 2010, 09:58

Hi!

I'd like to ask you auroradormita about your stay in Finland. I have born in Finland and I live there and possibly die there too, and it is interesting to meet a player who has lived in Finland.

But Finland and eFinland aren't bad places :D

20 Mar 2010, 22:07

Hei Kaarle!

Mun perhe muuttui suomeen kuin olin 12. Asuin Kirkkonummella (mun perhe asuu siellä vielä) ja kävin ruotsinkielisessa koulussa.

Pust och stön (puff and groan), as they say in Swedish. I haven't used Finnish for forever! ;) Don't know really what kind of thing you want to know, just ask...

20 Mar 2010, 22:47
Profile WWW

auroradormita wrote:
Hei Kaarle!

Mun perhe muuttui suomeen kuin olin 12. Asuin Kirkkonummella (mun perhe asuu siellä vielä) ja kävin ruotsinkielisessa koulussa.

Pust och stön (puff and groan), as they say in Swedish. I haven't used Finnish for forever! ;) Don't know really what kind of thing you want to know, just ask...

Hyvää suomea puhut :D

I don't have any good questions now but if there is thing I want to know, I'll ask :)

Btw, you could be a perfect danish ambassor in Finland :)

21 Mar 2010, 15:14
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]